Join us in Arlington, Virginia from March 11-13 for our 2013 Policy Forum and Hill Day. Visit Capitol Hill and help educate your Congressman and their staff on issues that affect your schools. These visits are a highly effective way to achieve our goals in the 113th Congress.
Our Policy Forum on March 12th will include sessions on both legislative and regulatory issues. Speakers from Capitol Hill have been invited to brief you on the latest developments. Additional events include meetings with state representatives throughout the day on Wednesday, March 13th concluding with the GREAT Awards Reception Luncheon.
AGENDA:(Subject to Change)
Monday, March 11
3:00pm - 6:30pm Registration Open
3:00pm - 5:00pm APSCU Committee Meetings
5:00pm - 6:30pm Welcome Reception sponsored by McGraw Hill
Tuesday, March 12
7:00am Registration Open
7:00am - 8:30am Breakfast
9:00am - 9:30amU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Benefits Administration, Under Secretary for Benefits, BrigGen Allison A. Hickey USAF (Ret.)
9:30am - 9:40am Break
9:40am - 12:20pm Orientation - Members Only
12:20pm – 12:45pm Buffet Lunch sponsored by Pearson
9:30am - 5:00pm Hill Day Congressional Appointments
12:00pm - 2:00pm 2013 GREAT Awards Reception
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Who can help me set up meetings with Members of Congress? a. If you would like help setting up meetings with Members of Congress, please contact Kristine Gager, our Grassroots Coordinator at Kristine.Gager@apscu.org or via telephone at (202) 336-6714.
2) When is the last day I can register for this event? a.The last day to register online (and request Congressional Meetings) is March 4th at Noon Eastern. After March 4th you will be able to register onsite, but no additional meetings will be scheduled.
3) When will I receive a schedule of my meetings with Members of Congress? a.You will receive a schedule of meetings no later than the evening of Monday, March 11, 2013.
4) Who may I contact to make hotel reservations? a. Please call the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at (703) 418-1234.
5) When will I receive an agenda of Hill Day activities? a. A preliminary agenda will be available on the APSCU website by the end of January. As the agenda is finalized, we will provide you with appropriate and timely updates.
6) Do you have on-site registration? a. Yes. However, we will be unable to schedule meetings on Capitol Hill for APSCU Members who opt to register on site.
This year's host hotel for Hill Day and Policy Forum is the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, located in Arlington, VA. Sleeping rooms are available for APSCU Hill Day participants at $219 per night (single or double occupancy). Simply make your room reservations by clicking on the hotel's dedicated APSCU reservation page and follow the instructions. Be sure to reserve your room by February 19, 2013 to receive the group rate.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for the 2013 GREAT Awards. The review process has begun, and we will have our award recipients selected by the end of January. We look forward to seeing you at the ceremony during Hill Day in March!
You can see the biographies of last year’s GREAT Award winners here. These students embody the spirit of what this award is all about, and we’re sure that this year’s winners will continue to inspire all who hear their stories. We know that it’s always been our students who matter most, so help us share that message on Capitol Hill so our students can continue to succeed and prosper!
PSCUs open doors to many of the 13 million unemployed and 90 million underemployed Americans by providing a skills-based education. To remain competitive over the next decade, we must identify between 8 and 23 million new workers with postsecondary skills. PSCUs are a necessary part of that solution, having produced over 800,000 degrees last year alone.